The days that we have shared,
Near and far apart,
The time that we dined together,
Your wise words and your hearty laugh,
That always brightened a dull day.
Your scorn that wouldn’t go unnoticed,
Getting one on the right path when lost,
The comfort that you gave us
With your ever welcoming spirit and your guiding hand
Always leading us to a safe bode,
And assuring each one of us your presence.
1. Failure to keep time-There is discipline in keeping time and I would appreciate it when people tell me that they won’t make it in time rather than dragging and showing up late after one hour. Over the weekend I invited a friend of mine to catch up in town. We were to meet at 2pm ended up showing at 3.15pm. I contemplated leaving but I held my patience unlike me but I was so pissed.Later on shows up with a group and no apologies but thanks have learnt a lesson
2. Complaining – I decided to be a positive person and I hate being around pessimistic people. Those who decided never to see anything positive in life. I hate when someone keeps on comparing how life was yester years to todays’. There is inflation, cost of living is going up day after day, so when you keep on telling me this was kshs.2 and now its 20shs sorry I won’t look at you because we can do nothing to go back to what it used to be. Life is changing and the faster we accept the better. For God’s sake please even appreciate the free air you are using to talk ….its in appreciating the little we have and being content that God blesses us. Look around you and appreciate what you have and say THANK YOU.
3. Over reliance– I have many friends but AT TIMES its good to be on your own.
I hate it when you tell someone to meet you then later shows up with a group simply because he/she is afraid to walk alone. Yes that might be the reason but somewhere along the line in this life we have to discover that there comes a point when we have to do some things alone because human beings are prone to error and will always disappoint you no matter what. When I arrange with my friends to meet we catch up in town ,some minutes before the meeting I receive texts ‘I am sorry I cannot make it’ and you wonder if all along they knew they will never show up why didn’t they tell you. I don’t give it a damn so I meet one or two who have showed up. If we where to go for shopping and no one shows up I happily go alone because I will not be told how this cloth looks so bad when I know I like it.
4. Littering– I don’t know if it’s me or what I cant stand people who throw dirt, garbage and litter everywhere. It pains me because the responsibility of keeping environment clean lies between me and you. If we had had an account of responsibility litters and all sorts of dirt would be past tense. Thanks to my former University because if you had to litter then you were fined kshs 2,000 .it has taught me discipline
5. Pride– I don’t like people who show off no matter what. I always tell them the better if you ain’t noticed at all in the wrong motives by pinching peoples ‘nose’ and telling them ‘know people’ .Its been said pride goes before a great fall.
I hope this mail finds you well. I am fine as I hope you are.
Well it’s been long like three years when we lastly spoke?
I miss you big and I know you too miss me. What happened to our friendship relationship? You were my BEST FRIEND. How we used to talk everyday call each other and spent times together , we could not leave each other even when darkness fell I was be reluctant to go home.
The sound of crickets, birds and all animals is fresh on my mind like yesterday on how they sang for us cheering us for our then relationship friendship.
At times I take my phone to call you but in between I run out of energy and words. I know all is not ok between us the way it used to be. I must admit that I spent my teenage years very well with you. I enjoyed every second to its bit spent with you. How we used to go to same church together, attend camps and all events together. I never missed them not at all, because you were in my company. Even when there was a new constitution to be passed ,i applied and you proudly defended me to be a clerk when I was miles away. Forever I will be indebted by your generosity and openness with humility. Sometimes I think may be I did the wrong thing!!
You invited me for your graduation but sadly I could not attend it because I had an exam. I appreciated how all your family members used to like me and welcome me; truly you have wonderful brothers and sisters. Up to today they call me and ask me how i am what happened between us but i always say it’s beyond my explanation. For real I don’t know what happened and it’s like blame game where we keep on telling whoever asks us what happened to our friendship relationship to ask the other party. I don’t understand this.
Sources told me that all your brothers were asking where your ‘wife’ is and you could not tell. When my graduation arrived too you also made an excuse that you were booked by your friend to attend his wedding in coast. Well well no grudges I assumed you had a reason to just avoid my graduation.
Its funny how I had prepared to attend your graduation cards and presents up to date I still have the card I contemplate about throwing it away but I have not been able to.
What became of me? You may ask? Everything was going on well but one day I sat on my bed, filled my pillow with tears. I was afraid of leaving you. In you I was safe, I was comfortable but again I had my fears and concerns. I decided to make that decision alone without anyone. At that moment I was mature, and had to think big and foresee the future. I was afraid of being hurt so I ran away.
Today as I write this, I hope you stumble upon it and you may read, just accept it the way things changed rapidly. I have moved on….not that I found someone but I have responsibility that lies ahead of me, have to take care of my siblings am firstborn my brother just finished his form four and the results are out but the 8-4-4 system didn’t favor him that’s the baggage I carry out day- to-day(a story for another day).
I have decided to live one day at a time, be happy with my life each day I am willing to learn new fresh ideas.
I have met so many friends. They have gladly opened my mind and taught me my happiness and security doesn’t lie in anyone but in God and me. I am still myself and the person who decides my destiny is me.
Oh I did not mention that im in my single hood, defining myself, and more so trying to know my purpose in life which has been my biggest mission in 2012 and so may God help me.
CELEBRATING MY TWO MOTHERS…..
We as humans have habit of celebrating our heroes and heroines when they pass on.
Not so many people have called significant females or women in their lives this International Women’s Day to appreciate, or texted to tell them what it means to have them in your life. Often we wait too long during that last moment to celebrate them when they are gone. We sing all praises when he /she can’t hear as we announce it to the whole world and congregation of mourners how the deceased was good.
Today I want to appreciate two people basically women in my life. I call them my mothers for what they have made me to be who I am today. I am blessed to have two mothers and all my friends know that am unique having two mums is a blessing.
Am grown up, mature, diligent and responsible (insert all good adjectives) lady thanks to them.
1. To my maternal mother; MUM…Josephine. THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking every journey and step in my life with you. I will forever be grateful to you. You have been my closest companion. You saw me through my primary school not just any school, I went to boarding school very young when I didn’t know how to wash my white blouses you always advised me to pack them and bring during holidays and you would Jik them to be white again from cream.
As if that wasn’t enough in my high school you attended every visiting day thank you and there is no day I never ate Chapati and chicken my favorite thank you. As if that wasn’t enough you and dad took me to one of the best universities not Kenyan but international one..Thank you. When all seemed hell, when fees became a burden and I was at the verge of giving up you always told me there is a way out ….’God cannot start what he cant finish in me’ ….and truly I finished ..Graduated in a colorful graduation that left everyone in awe….thank you I can write a book on that. I hope you will read this.
Happy Women’s Day! If you want something said, ask a man, if you want something done, ask a woman ~ Margaret Thatcher
2. To my auntie my second MUM…Beth.. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I have no words to explain the measure of my gratitude. No relative can I measure up to like you. You have known me more than my maternal mum; you have sheltered me close to six years now as I try to make my ends meet. I have not been the perfect girl but all in all you have treated me equally like am one of your children.
when I was at the university, you encouraged me, gave me advice up to today I haven’t met anyone with wise words like you ,thank you …these kept me going even when I walked to and from college you were there for me and concerned to ensure we have something to eat me and my cousin.
For your strong devotion to God, you have taught me many lessons, God is always there and we must fear and acknowledge him.
I have watched you for close to five years attending bible study classes every Wednesday morning whether warm or cold you didn’t care. That is what I call Zeal and you have taught me no matter the age or what you have ‘always be in good terms with your maker’
For you auntie………………………………you taught…..me………………..this……………………………‘WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE IT EATS ANTS. WHEN A BIRD IS DEAD, ANTS EAT THE BIRD. SO, TIME CAN TURN AT ANY TIME, DON’T DEVALUE ANYONE IN LIFE. YOU MAY BE POWERFUL BUT TIME IS MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU. ONE TREE MAKES ONE THOUSAND OF MATCH STICKS, BUT ONE MATCH STICK CAN BURN ONE THOUSAND TREES. DO GOOD AND GOOD WIL FOLLOW YOU’- Yes you have done me good and may Good always follow you
So what do I want to say to you???……….THANK YOU GOD…. BLESS MY TWO MUMS AND HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY.
LIFE’S LITTLE SECRETS
I have had an amazing weekend and as I sit and reflect what has happened I thank God for having a great friend. I decided to have a weekend getaway and have ‘me’ time.
Glad that it went well; the reflections, advice I will forever be grateful.
Life’s little secrets in sentences;
1. FEAR GOD-always be in good terms with him no matter what
2. Be DISCIPLINED people will judge you for who you are
3. Help people; don’t help family people they will never appreciate you; go out and do an act of charity to someone who doesn’t know you a stranger; the bottom line is someone who will NEVER REPAY you back and will be GRATEFUL
4. Be content with the little you have and appreciate every bit of life.
5. Always associate with successful people. Those who have made it in life; whom you respect and can always look up for advice and draw strength.
6. Have PURPOSE in life; know what you want in this life; don’t let everyday become a routine wake up with ambition and strong will to face life no matter what it brings forth.
‘I want to define myself instead of letting other people define me’